RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The Russell County, Virginia Disaster Recovery Task Force will offer a class to train the community to be prepared for disasters Friday.
The Community Emergency Response Team class includes the teaching of basic response skills, including CPR, AED, fire safety, team organization and others.
Friday is the first of three free classes being held in the county. The second will be held on May 9th, and the final class on May 16th. The first two classes begin at 8:00 a.m., and run through 5:00 p.m. at the Russell County Public Library in Lebanon. The May 16th class will end at 1:00 p.m.
Those who complete the training will receive a free CERT Kit and a certificate of completion.
For more information, call Jess Powers at (276) 889-8247.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project