RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The Russell County, Virginia Disaster Recovery Task Force will offer a class to train the community to be prepared for disasters Friday.
The Community Emergency Response Team class includes the teaching of basic response skills, including CPR, AED, fire safety, team organization and others.
Friday is the first of three free classes being held in the county. The second will be held on May 9th, and the final class on May 16th. The first two classes begin at 8:00 a.m., and run through 5:00 p.m. at the Russell County Public Library in Lebanon. The May 16th class will end at 1:00 p.m.
Those who complete the training will receive a free CERT Kit and a certificate of completion.
For more information, call Jess Powers at (276) 889-8247.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape