RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The southwest Virginia doctor accused of over-prescribing medications now has a court date.
Doctor Dwight Bailey was practicing in Russell County until his license was suspended back on June 19th.
The suspension followed a report listing 9 patients, many with "drug-seeking behaviors," who were prescribed multiple opiates by Dr. Bailey and nurse practitioners in his office over a period of six years.
According to the Virginia Board of Medicine, at least 4 people died under Dr. Bailey's care.
He has a hearing scheduled for September 19th.
- Updated ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics