RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The southwest Virginia doctor accused of over-prescribing medications now has a court date.
Doctor Dwight Bailey was practicing in Russell County until his license was suspended back on June 19th.
The suspension followed a report listing 9 patients, many with "drug-seeking behaviors," who were prescribed multiple opiates by Dr. Bailey and nurse practitioners in his office over a period of six years.
According to the Virginia Board of Medicine, at least 4 people died under Dr. Bailey's care.
He has a hearing scheduled for September 19th.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated