RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The southwest Virginia doctor accused of over-prescribing medications now has a court date.
Doctor Dwight Bailey was practicing in Russell County until his license was suspended back on June 19th.
The suspension followed a report listing 9 patients, many with "drug-seeking behaviors," who were prescribed multiple opiates by Dr. Bailey and nurse practitioners in his office over a period of six years.
According to the Virginia Board of Medicine, at least 4 people died under Dr. Bailey's care.
He has a hearing scheduled for September 19th.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all