RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The southwest Virginia doctor accused of over-prescribing medications now has a court date.
Doctor Dwight Bailey was practicing in Russell County until his license was suspended back on June 19th.
The suspension followed a report listing 9 patients, many with "drug-seeking behaviors," who were prescribed multiple opiates by Dr. Bailey and nurse practitioners in his office over a period of six years.
According to the Virginia Board of Medicine, at least 4 people died under Dr. Bailey's care.
He has a hearing scheduled for September 19th.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane