RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - There are new facts in the case of an infant death in 2013.
A Russell County couple is facing several years in prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter and child neglect.
The Commonwealth's Attorney says Billy Barton and his wife Jacqueline Lynn Barton failed to get medical attention for their infant child last year.
Billy barton received an eight-year prison sentence; his wife will have to serve seven years.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash