RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - There are new facts in the case of an infant death in 2013.
A Russell County couple is facing several years in prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter and child neglect.
The Commonwealth's Attorney says Billy Barton and his wife Jacqueline Lynn Barton failed to get medical attention for their infant child last year.
Billy barton received an eight-year prison sentence; his wife will have to serve seven years.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting