RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - There are new facts in the case of an infant death in 2013.
A Russell County couple is facing several years in prison after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter and child neglect.
The Commonwealth's Attorney says Billy Barton and his wife Jacqueline Lynn Barton failed to get medical attention for their infant child last year.
Billy barton received an eight-year prison sentence; his wife will have to serve seven years.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane