CASTLEWOOD, Virginia - The Russell County Emergency Management was called out to Ervington Road around 10:45 p.m. Saturday for a fire. The couple, Harold and Katherynn Young, living in the rented mobile home were there at the time of the fire but were able to make it out safety. The home is a complete loss and the couple had no insurance.
Officials said the couple has no where to stay. The Red Cross will pay for three nights at the Inn in Castlewood, give them some clothes and a loaded debit card to assist with their emergency needs.
If you'd like to help them, Mr. Young wears large shirt, 33/30 pants, and 10.5 shoe. Ms. Young wears a large top, 6/7/8 reg pants, and a 8.5 to 9 shoe. Donations would be greatly appreciated.
For further information, contact Jess Powers with the Russell County Emergency and Hazardous Materials at 656 Clydesway Drive, Suite A Mailing address: P.O. Box 997 Lebanon, VA 24266 T: (276) 889-8146 or (276) 889-8247.
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy