CASTLEWOOD, Va. - News 5 WCYB has received several phone calls and emails concerning the firing of Castlewood High School principal Dr. Thomas Graves.
We contacted Russell County School Superintendent Brenda Hess, who confirmed that Dr. Graves' contract will not be renewed next year.
Hess could not say why Graves was let go because she is not allowed to talk about personnel issues.
Dr. Thomas Graves gave us a statement Tuesday morning. "The board hired me for one year to turn around a consistently low-performing school, and that's what we did," he said. "I don't play games or politics. I do what's best for students."
We'll have more on this story as it's available.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough