RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The Russell County fair kicked off last Friday, but there's still plenty of time left to check out all of the fun. There are crop and livestock contests, rides and concerts still to come.
Jon Pardi plays Friday night and John Anderson has a concert Saturday night. We talked Tricia Zalewski-Harris, chair of the fair committee, about this year's theme. "We have hog wild and pig crazy, and you can see some little piglets at old McDonald's Farm as well as the mommy there. There's pig theme everywhere."
The pigs aren't the only animals though, there are horse shows tonight through Saturday. The fair wraps up Saturday night.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome