RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The 74-year-old man who went without heat for about 25 days, is now home. He's spent the last two days at the Castlewood Fire and Rescue building.
McNulty's Heat and Air went to Lewis' house on Thursday to fix his broken furnace.
When they got there, they discovered the furnace needed to be replaced.
Jess Powers, the Russell County Emergency and Hazardous Materials coordinator, told us the new furnace has been ordered but they don't know when it will be installed.
Lewis has decided to return to his home, despite the cold weather.
He told emergency crews that he'll use an electric heater to keep him warm until his furnace can be replaced.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City