JennChem, a manufacturer of chemical roof support and sealing products, announced Wednesday that they will invest $5 million to establish a manufacturing operation for heavy duty conveyor systems in Russell County.
The system structures will primarily be used for the mining industry, although they will also be used for the automotive, aviation, construction, electronics, and transportation industries. JennChem is an affiliate of the JENNMAR family of companies. JENNMAR companies also have facilities in Giles County and Tazewell County.
JennChem manufactures chemical roof support, rock stabilization and ventilation sealing products. The Virginia Economic Development Partnership worked with Russell County and the Virginia Coaifled Economic Development Authorities to help secure the project for Virginia. VCEDA approved a $1.5 million loan to the Industrial Development Authority of Russell County. Gov. Terry McAuliffe approved a $100,000 grant, and the Virginia Tobacco Regional Revitalization Commission approved $215,000 in funding for the company.
The company will occupy the former Teleflex location inside the Russell County Industrial Park in Lebanon, according to VCEDA.
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need