BLUEFIELD, W.Va. - The rock slide on Interstate 11 near the West Virginia-Virginia border will keep lanes closed for a few more days. The West Virginia Department of Transportation says the northbound lanes may not reopen until Wednesday, March 27th.
The Department says the wet, winter weather is hampering efforts to clean up the rock slide and stabilize the hillside. The slide happened March 20th at mile marker 3 in the Bluefield area.
Traffic is being rerouted onto US 460 in Princeton where the highway reconnects with the interstate.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman