BLUEFIELD, W.Va. - The rock slide on Interstate 11 near the West Virginia-Virginia border will keep lanes closed for a few more days. The West Virginia Department of Transportation says the northbound lanes may not reopen until Wednesday, March 27th.
The Department says the wet, winter weather is hampering efforts to clean up the rock slide and stabilize the hillside. The slide happened March 20th at mile marker 3 in the Bluefield area.
Traffic is being rerouted onto US 460 in Princeton where the highway reconnects with the interstate.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone