Hundreds of News 5 WCYB viewers voted and commented when we asked about new Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring's comments on the state's ban on same-sex marriage.
Herring announced Thursday that he'd concluded that the state's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional, and he will no longer defend it in federal lawsuits challenging it. Click here to read more.
We asked our viewers -- do you think the state's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional? The image above shows the results of that poll.
Of 950 votes:
679 viewers said they do not think the same-sex marriage ban is unconstitutional (71.5%).
258 viewers said they believe the ban is unconstitutional (27.2%).
9 viewers said they didn't have an opinion (1%).
4 viewers said they weren't sure (0.4%).
Many of our viewers also debated the topic on our Facebook page across several posts. Click here to join the debate.
Please note -- this is a web poll from our viewers and is not scientific.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting