WASHINGTON, D.C. - Congressman Morgan Griffith of Virginia released a statement in regards to his supporting the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management, or FARRM. He states that as a result of the report passing in the House of Representatives today the PILT, or Payment In Lieu of Taxes Program, will have one full year of funding to help with education, road maintenance, and emergency supplies. It also establishes a subcommitee within the EPA to review their decisions and regulations that could potentially be harmful to farmers.
The report also will give the Department of Agriculture Rural Development Program 228-million dollars in funding, which includes grants for rising farmers and rural entrepreneurs. Griffith also said it brought much needed changes to SNAP stating it ensured that illegal immigrants, lottery winners, traditional college students, and the deceased did not receive benefits from the program.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals