Mark Obenshain will formally request a recount of the Virginia Attorney General's race.
Democrat Mark Herring pulled out on top in the race once the State Elections Board certified the results on Monday.
Herring had a lead of just 165 votes.
Obenshain will hold a news conference Wednesday at 10 o'clock in the morning to discuss the recount.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue