Mark Obenshain will formally request a recount of the Virginia Attorney General's race.
Democrat Mark Herring pulled out on top in the race once the State Elections Board certified the results on Monday.
Herring had a lead of just 165 votes.
Obenshain will hold a news conference Wednesday at 10 o'clock in the morning to discuss the recount.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake