Mark Obenshain will formally request a recount of the Virginia Attorney General's race.
Democrat Mark Herring pulled out on top in the race once the State Elections Board certified the results on Monday.
Herring had a lead of just 165 votes.
Obenshain will hold a news conference Wednesday at 10 o'clock in the morning to discuss the recount.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law