We have learned that former State Senator Phillip Puckett is now being represented by Gentry Locke Rakes & Moore, LLP.
The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating the resignation of Virginia State Senator Phil Puckett after he chose to leave office June 9th before his term expired
According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, the D.O.J. is looking into his resignation, including allegations he was considering a job with the state tobacco commission.
The article also claims he wanted to remove republican opposition to his daughter's pending appointment to the bench in southwest Virginia
In a statement, Puckett's lawyers said they are in the process of gathering facts in the case. They also said, "It is absolutely clear from a preliminary investigation that Mr. Puckett is a man of the highest integrity and has committed no criminal acts."
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations