We have learned that former State Senator Phillip Puckett is now being represented by Gentry Locke Rakes & Moore, LLP.
The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating the resignation of Virginia State Senator Phil Puckett after he chose to leave office June 9th before his term expired
According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, the D.O.J. is looking into his resignation, including allegations he was considering a job with the state tobacco commission.
The article also claims he wanted to remove republican opposition to his daughter's pending appointment to the bench in southwest Virginia
In a statement, Puckett's lawyers said they are in the process of gathering facts in the case. They also said, "It is absolutely clear from a preliminary investigation that Mr. Puckett is a man of the highest integrity and has committed no criminal acts."
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia