There are now new visitation rules for the Virginia Department of Corrections.
We've learned officials hope the new rules will improve security, consistency, and visitor flow.
The Department of Corrections says anyone approved to visit inmates in 2013 will not have to reapply until 2016.
Officials say applications will now be processed at department headquarters in Richmond instead of at each individual facility.
Changes also include limiting visits to only one inmate, unless the inmates are immediate family members.
The new rules become effective for visits after January 1, 2014.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace