The average price for a gallon of gas has dropped three cents over the last week in Virginia.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the price of a gallon of regular now averages $3.55 across the state. That's down slightly from the week before and 33 cents lower than a year ago.
AAA says while prices have dropped throughout March, it's still too early to say whether the price at the pump has peaked for the spring.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash