Dominion Resources' charitable foundation is offering $1.3 million in education grants.
The Richmond-based energy provider is encouraging teachers and college staff members in Dominion's service areas to apply online for the grants, which focus on energy and the environment, as well as workforce skills training.
Grants for up to $10,000 each are available to help students' mathematics and science skills through environment- and energy-related activities and "mini-grants" of up to $1,000 each are available to help teachers educate students about these subjects.
In addition, grants for up to $50,000 each are available to higher education programs such as business, engineering, and technical schools.
The application deadline is May 1.
Dominion Resources Inc. is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy and serves retail customers in 15 states.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon