ABINGDON, Va. - A classic crime is making a big comeback in the Tri-Cities and now a local police department needs help identifying two suspects they believe are passing counterfeit checks.
Abingdon Police are using surveillance pictures from the Food City in Abingdon back on December 22nd to find two women that investigators believe passed counterfeit checks.
Officer Jonathan Holbrook says the passing of counterfeit money comes and goes in waves, but can spread quickly throughout the region. "They can go from one business to the next as quickly as they can drive there, so it can happen very quickly. It does take awhile for a check to come back from the bank," added Officer Holbrook.
Anyone with information on this individual case should call Abingdon Police at (276) 628-3111.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next