HENRICO, Va. (AP) - Authorities say they've found a vehicle sought after two pedestrians who were struck and killed by a police vehicle.
Media outlets report Henrico County police announced Sunday that the car has been found and the driver has been identified.
Police say an on-duty county officer was driving a marked cruiser on Williamsburg Road early Saturday when his vehicle hit 37-year-old James Joyce Jr. and 36-year-old Mary Babcock, who were walking in westbound lanes. Both died on the scene.
Police sought the driver of another vehicle believed to have been traveling behind the police car. The driver stopped, but left before officers could speak with anyone.
The officer wasn't injured and is on administrative status. Both pedestrians were wearing dark clothing and the roadway wasn't illuminated.
No charges have been filed.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Report: Virginia woman hit husband with van with kids inside
- New Police: Father of two leaves kids in car to go inside strip club
- Scheme involving snowplow contracts ends in guilty pleas
- Man arrested after threats against Seattle church to 'kill you all', AR-15 seized
- ETSU student veterans hosting Holiday Expo and Craft Bazaar