An old scam is making a comeback.
There's a warning from the Better Business Bureau of western Virginia.
The group says callers are once again posing as representatives of the National Do Not Call Registry in order to steal your personal banking information.
Here's how it works: The scammer calls to ask you to register your number. Some callers even ask for personal information. Other callers claim you'll have to pay a fee to join the registry.
The BBB says you should never give out personal information over the phone to someone you don't know and the real Do No Call Registry is free.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death