NORTON, Va.- - Norton Community Hospital's Family Birth Center received statewide recognition Monday May 12, for its efforts to reduce the number of non-medically necessary births before the 39th week of pregnancy.
The hospital was honored by the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Associations and the March of Dimes. Norton Community Hospital is one of only 26 in the state to be presented with this recognition.
Representatives from VHHA and the March of Dimes presented the 6- x 3-foot recognition banner, which will be on display at the Family Birth Center throughout the year.
- Church Hill man killed in accident on I-81
- Johnson City schools looking to convert Indian Trail, Liberty Bell for 5-8th graders
- THP helping sheriff's offices predict where crashes may happen
- Air "born" : First time flyers get a ride at Tri Cities Airport in special event
- Confederate monuments vandalized in two Virginia cities