Virginia voters will be required to bring a photo ID with them to the polls starting in 2014.
Despite Democratic protests saying the bill excludes vulnerable voters, the Republican legislation passed in the house with almost double the required votes.
Republicans say the bill only ensures that people entitled to cast ballots do so.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development