RICHMOND, Va. - The historically close race for Virginia's Attorney General is officially heading to a recount.
At a hearing today, a Richmond Circuit Court judge set the recount for December 17th and 18th. Fairfax County will begin its recount on December 17th with the rest of the state starting the next day. Once all the votes are recounted.... a three-judge recount court will meet and settle any challenged ballots.
Democrat Mark Herring has a 165-vote edge over Republican Mark Obenshain. Obenshain requested the recount.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment