RICHMOND, Va. - The historically close race for Virginia's Attorney General is officially heading to a recount.
At a hearing today, a Richmond Circuit Court judge set the recount for December 17th and 18th. Fairfax County will begin its recount on December 17th with the rest of the state starting the next day. Once all the votes are recounted.... a three-judge recount court will meet and settle any challenged ballots.
Democrat Mark Herring has a 165-vote edge over Republican Mark Obenshain. Obenshain requested the recount.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect