BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech University is welcoming in a new president.
Friday, they named Timothy Sands the 16th president of the university.
Sands is currently serving as Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost at Purdue University. He's held that position since 2010. Sands also served as Purdue's acting president during the fall semester of 2012. In June, Charles Steger announced he was stepping down after 14 years, but agreed to stay until a new president was named.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson