BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech University is welcoming in a new president.
Friday, they named Timothy Sands the 16th president of the university.
Sands is currently serving as Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost at Purdue University. He's held that position since 2010. Sands also served as Purdue's acting president during the fall semester of 2012. In June, Charles Steger announced he was stepping down after 14 years, but agreed to stay until a new president was named.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial