BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech University is welcoming in a new president.
Friday, they named Timothy Sands the 16th president of the university.
Sands is currently serving as Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost at Purdue University. He's held that position since 2010. Sands also served as Purdue's acting president during the fall semester of 2012. In June, Charles Steger announced he was stepping down after 14 years, but agreed to stay until a new president was named.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law