There's now an easier way for Virginians to register to vote and it doesn't even require leaving home.
The State Board of Elections and the Department of Motor Vehicles have launched an online voter registration initiative. Virginia residents can now register or update voter information online.
To do that, registrants must have a DMV customer identification number that is found on driver's licenses and identification cards.
If that information is not available, applications can still be done online, but must be printed and return the completed application to the local voter registrar's office.
You can find those applications at www.SBE.Virginia.gov .
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial