There's now an easier way for Virginians to register to vote and it doesn't even require leaving home.
The State Board of Elections and the Department of Motor Vehicles have launched an online voter registration initiative. Virginia residents can now register or update voter information online.
To do that, registrants must have a DMV customer identification number that is found on driver's licenses and identification cards.
If that information is not available, applications can still be done online, but must be printed and return the completed application to the local voter registrar's office.
You can find those applications at www.SBE.Virginia.gov .
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early