There's now an easier way for Virginians to register to vote and it doesn't even require leaving home.
The State Board of Elections and the Department of Motor Vehicles have launched an online voter registration initiative. Virginia residents can now register or update voter information online.
To do that, registrants must have a DMV customer identification number that is found on driver's licenses and identification cards.
If that information is not available, applications can still be done online, but must be printed and return the completed application to the local voter registrar's office.
You can find those applications at www.SBE.Virginia.gov .
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend