There's now an easier way for Virginians to register to vote and it doesn't even require leaving home.
The State Board of Elections and the Department of Motor Vehicles have launched an online voter registration initiative. Virginia residents can now register or update voter information online.
To do that, registrants must have a DMV customer identification number that is found on driver's licenses and identification cards.
If that information is not available, applications can still be done online, but must be printed and return the completed application to the local voter registrar's office.
You can find those applications at www.SBE.Virginia.gov .
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash