There's now an easier way for Virginians to register to vote and it doesn't even require leaving home.
The State Board of Elections and the Department of Motor Vehicles have launched an online voter registration initiative. Virginia residents can now register or update voter information online.
To do that, registrants must have a DMV customer identification number that is found on driver's licenses and identification cards.
If that information is not available, applications can still be done online, but must be printed and return the completed application to the local voter registrar's office.
You can find those applications at www.SBE.Virginia.gov .
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween