DAMASCUS, Va. - Two Southwest Virginia Dollar General stores will be allowed to sell alcohol.
The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board paperwork shows they approved licenses for off-premises consumption for stores in Damascus and Jonesville.
Church leaders near both stores complained that alcohol sales would disrupt their normal operations, but the board did not side with the congregations.
The permits will allow the stores to just sell room temperature 6 and 12 packs of beer.
The appeal process takes 30 days.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway