DAMASCUS, Va. - Two Southwest Virginia Dollar General stores will be allowed to sell alcohol.
The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board paperwork shows they approved licenses for off-premises consumption for stores in Damascus and Jonesville.
Church leaders near both stores complained that alcohol sales would disrupt their normal operations, but the board did not side with the congregations.
The permits will allow the stores to just sell room temperature 6 and 12 packs of beer.
The appeal process takes 30 days.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend