WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A local Life Saving Crew will soon have a new place to call home.
We were there as people celebrated the groundbreaking of a new building for the Washington County Virginia Life Saving Crew.
It will be dedicated to former Captain Malcolm Snead, who recently passed away, along with Claude Graybeal.
Abingdon town leaders also donated money to help with the construction.
The new building is going to be next door to the Life Saving Crew's current location on Park Street.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial