According to the Associated Press, a new agreement will make it easier for nursing students at Virginia's community colleges to pursue a bachelor's degree.
The agreement grants students automatic admission to Bluefield College's School of Nursing.
Media outlets report that Virginia Community College System chancellor Glenn DuBois and Bluefield College president David Olive signed the agreement Tuesday at Virginia Western Community College in Roanoke.
Community college nursing students admitted to Bluefield College will receive a 20 percent tuition waiver discount. To be admitted, they must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher and active registered nurse license. They also must be working as a registered nurse.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game