According to the Associated Press, a new agreement will make it easier for nursing students at Virginia's community colleges to pursue a bachelor's degree.
The agreement grants students automatic admission to Bluefield College's School of Nursing.
Media outlets report that Virginia Community College System chancellor Glenn DuBois and Bluefield College president David Olive signed the agreement Tuesday at Virginia Western Community College in Roanoke.
Community college nursing students admitted to Bluefield College will receive a 20 percent tuition waiver discount. To be admitted, they must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher and active registered nurse license. They also must be working as a registered nurse.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus