According to the Associated Press, a new agreement will make it easier for nursing students at Virginia's community colleges to pursue a bachelor's degree.
The agreement grants students automatic admission to Bluefield College's School of Nursing.
Media outlets report that Virginia Community College System chancellor Glenn DuBois and Bluefield College president David Olive signed the agreement Tuesday at Virginia Western Community College in Roanoke.
Community college nursing students admitted to Bluefield College will receive a 20 percent tuition waiver discount. To be admitted, they must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher and active registered nurse license. They also must be working as a registered nurse.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom