RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A pharmacist murdered earlier this week in his Virginia Beach pharmacy was a native of southwest Virginia and will be buried in Russell County.
Pharmacist David Kilgore, 46, was shot Monday when a robber demanded pain killers from his Virginia Beach store. He later died at the hospital.
According to the funeral home, Kilgore grew up in Saint Paul, and graduated from both Coeburn High School and UVa-Wise.
His wife Lynne is also from southwest Virginia.
A visitation is planned for Monday evening at Castlewood funeral home from 6pm-9pm. He will be buried at Temple Hill Memorial Park Tuesday at 11 am.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend