RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A pharmacist murdered earlier this week in his Virginia Beach pharmacy was a native of southwest Virginia and will be buried in Russell County.
Pharmacist David Kilgore, 46, was shot Monday when a robber demanded pain killers from his Virginia Beach store. He later died at the hospital.
According to the funeral home, Kilgore grew up in Saint Paul, and graduated from both Coeburn High School and UVa-Wise.
His wife Lynne is also from southwest Virginia.
A visitation is planned for Monday evening at Castlewood funeral home from 6pm-9pm. He will be buried at Temple Hill Memorial Park Tuesday at 11 am.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities