***UPDATE*** Johnson City, Tenn. - ***UPDATE***
We have new facts about a fire that claimed the life of a two-year-old girl in Marion, Virginia.
Virginia State Police ruled Tuesday's fire an accident caused by human error.
Detectives also tell us the investigation revealed the fire started inside the second story unit of the Country Club Crossing Apartments, where Elizabeth LeSueur lived with her family.
Elizabeth's two-year-old daughter, Abigail died in the fire.
We have more information about the fire that took the life of a two-year-old girl in Marion, Virginia Tuesday morning.
We visited the mother of the little girl at Johnson City Medical Center.
We talked with her about the tragic events that occurred in her Country Club Crossings Apartment that morning.
Elizabeth LeSueur is recovering at Johnson City Medical Center. She has three fractures in her spine, a broken ankle, and burns from a fire in her apartment that took the life of her two-year-old daughter Abigail.
She was bathing when her young son three-year-old Jacob saw smoke.
"My son come in the bathroom and told me there was something burning and when I look out through the hallway there was smoke. I turned the water off I got my towel didn't bother wrapping it around me. I went and looked around and there was a fire starting behind my couch," LeSueur said.
Her two kids Jacob and Abigail were already making their way out of the apartment and Elizabeth wanted to retrieve important papers before getting out herself as the fire grew.
"I didn't know sissy had some back in for me so the whole time I thought Sissy was sitting outside with Brother. I jump out the window," she said.
That's when she suffered her injuries to her back and ankle. Little did she know her daughter was still inside.
"I couldn't do nothing. I was sitting there trying to tell my little girl to jump and that I would catch her next thing I know there was a big explosion through the living room. The windows bust out," she tearfully recalled.
Neighbors tried to get inside to save the little girl but were driven back by the fire. By the time help arrived it was too late. Firemen found her little girl.
"I don't know how she made it to the bathroom but I know she was laying in the bathtub where she last seen me," she cried.
The investigating is continuing.
Elizabeth Lesueur was angry about all of the rumors that spread that the fire was meth related. She told us that was not the case that her kids are way more important that drugs.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport