BRISTOL, Va. - Ninth District Congressman Morgan Griffith was in the district Tuesday and said he agrees that the immigration laws need to be altered.
"There's no question we need to streamline our immigration laws and make it easier for people who want to share the American dream and come into this country legally so that they can do so," he said while speaking at Virginia High School. "Right now our laws make it very difficult to come in legally. We need to straighten that out. The tougher issues of course is going to be, how do we resolve 11-plus million people who are already here who came in illegally?"
A compromise will have to be reached between Republicans and President Obama's more progressive plan.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate