BRISTOL, Va. - Ninth District Congressman Morgan Griffith was in the district Tuesday and said he agrees that the immigration laws need to be altered.
"There's no question we need to streamline our immigration laws and make it easier for people who want to share the American dream and come into this country legally so that they can do so," he said while speaking at Virginia High School. "Right now our laws make it very difficult to come in legally. We need to straighten that out. The tougher issues of course is going to be, how do we resolve 11-plus million people who are already here who came in illegally?"
A compromise will have to be reached between Republicans and President Obama's more progressive plan.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend