BANDY, Va. - Southern Coal Corporation is calling back miners to its Black River operation in Bandy, Virginia.
It's a deep mine operation that had been idled.
A successful contract negotiation with a German steel producer led to the call-backs.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash