BANDY, Va. - Southern Coal Corporation is calling back miners to its Black River operation in Bandy, Virginia.
It's a deep mine operation that had been idled.
A successful contract negotiation with a German steel producer led to the call-backs.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend