VIRGINIA - Admissions at mental health facilities have spiked following the high profile suicide of a Virginia State Senator's son.
Mental health and state officials told the governor's mental health task force they did not know how long the surge would last.
Western State Hospital in Staunton had admitted 23 people under temporary detention orders since January first....that's up from six admissions in the previous six months.
In November, Gus Deeds attacked his father Senator Creigh Deeds, and then killed himself at their home in Bath County after being released from custody because no psychiatric bed could be found.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor