VIRGINIA - Admissions at mental health facilities have spiked following the high profile suicide of a Virginia State Senator's son.
Mental health and state officials told the governor's mental health task force they did not know how long the surge would last.
Western State Hospital in Staunton had admitted 23 people under temporary detention orders since January first....that's up from six admissions in the previous six months.
In November, Gus Deeds attacked his father Senator Creigh Deeds, and then killed himself at their home in Bath County after being released from custody because no psychiatric bed could be found.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon