VIRGINIA - Admissions at mental health facilities have spiked following the high profile suicide of a Virginia State Senator's son.
Mental health and state officials told the governor's mental health task force they did not know how long the surge would last.
Western State Hospital in Staunton had admitted 23 people under temporary detention orders since January first....that's up from six admissions in the previous six months.
In November, Gus Deeds attacked his father Senator Creigh Deeds, and then killed himself at their home in Bath County after being released from custody because no psychiatric bed could be found.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game