GATE CITY, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell was in Gate City Friday evening.
We recently told you about Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling saying no to a possible independent campaign for Governor.
Bolling cited financial, political, and personal reasons for his decision.
We spoke with Governor McDonnell about Bolling's decision.
"He's a great Lt. Governor, he was my chief jobs creation officer, I thought he would've made a fine governor, I had endorsed him three years ago. He finally decided what was good for himself and his family and the party, and the conservative cause, so I admire him for making that decision. I'm working hard now to get Ken Cuccinelli elected next governor," Governor McDonnell says.
Bolling pledges to continue working to build a better Virginia.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill