Virginia governor Bob McDonnell is appealing to President Obama and Virginia congressmen when it comes to the budget battle on Capitol Hill.
Governor McDonnell is urging immediate action to prevent deep automatic cuts in federal defense spending on March 1 if Congress doesn't come to an agreement. The governor says the cuts could devastate national security and force Virginia and other states into a recession.
Governor McDonnell says it's critical to avoid what he calls an 'ill-conceived policy.'
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day