Virginia governor Bob McDonnell is appealing to President Obama and Virginia congressmen when it comes to the budget battle on Capitol Hill.
Governor McDonnell is urging immediate action to prevent deep automatic cuts in federal defense spending on March 1 if Congress doesn't come to an agreement. The governor says the cuts could devastate national security and force Virginia and other states into a recession.
Governor McDonnell says it's critical to avoid what he calls an 'ill-conceived policy.'
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome