Virginia governor Bob McDonnell is appealing to President Obama and Virginia congressmen when it comes to the budget battle on Capitol Hill.
Governor McDonnell is urging immediate action to prevent deep automatic cuts in federal defense spending on March 1 if Congress doesn't come to an agreement. The governor says the cuts could devastate national security and force Virginia and other states into a recession.
Governor McDonnell says it's critical to avoid what he calls an 'ill-conceived policy.'
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane