Virginia governor Bob McDonnell is appealing to President Obama and Virginia congressmen when it comes to the budget battle on Capitol Hill.
Governor McDonnell is urging immediate action to prevent deep automatic cuts in federal defense spending on March 1 if Congress doesn't come to an agreement. The governor says the cuts could devastate national security and force Virginia and other states into a recession.
Governor McDonnell says it's critical to avoid what he calls an 'ill-conceived policy.'
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway