Gov. Terry McAuliffe has announced that Virginia and Mexico City have signed a Memorandum of Understanding designed to promote trade.
McAuliffe announced the MOU last week. It is the second one he's signed this summer with a locality in Mexico.
The Democratic governor has been critical of Republican President Donald Trump's trade policies. McAuliffe has been a huge booster of Virginia's role in international trade. He's taken frequent trips abroad to promote the Old Dominion and to try and lure companies to Virginia.
Mexico is one of Virginia's top export destinations.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder