RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A man is behind bars after a shooting in Southwest Virginia, here's what we know:
The Russell County Sheriff's Office tells us, they received a call around 10 o'clock Saturday night about a man being shot in the head.
We're told it happened in the Belfast Community.
One person was hurt, but he is expected to recover. Investigators are working to find what led to the shooting.
Chief Deputy Bill Watson says the suspect, Robert Taylor, is in custody and is now facing Attempted First Degree Murder, as well as other charges related to the shooting.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns