RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A man is behind bars after a shooting in Southwest Virginia, here's what we know:
The Russell County Sheriff's Office tells us, they received a call around 10 o'clock Saturday night about a man being shot in the head.
We're told it happened in the Belfast Community.
One person was hurt, but he is expected to recover. Investigators are working to find what led to the shooting.
Chief Deputy Bill Watson says the suspect, Robert Taylor, is in custody and is now facing Attempted First Degree Murder, as well as other charges related to the shooting.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire