RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A man is behind bars after a shooting in Southwest Virginia, here's what we know:
The Russell County Sheriff's Office tells us, they received a call around 10 o'clock Saturday night about a man being shot in the head.
We're told it happened in the Belfast Community.
One person was hurt, but he is expected to recover. Investigators are working to find what led to the shooting.
Chief Deputy Bill Watson says the suspect, Robert Taylor, is in custody and is now facing Attempted First Degree Murder, as well as other charges related to the shooting.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations