WISE, Va. - According to the U.S. Department of Justice, a man will spend a year behind bars and pay a 10-thousand dollar fine after pleading guilty to defrauding Eastman Chemical Company.
Dale Stanley, the owner of Mountain Energy Resources, in Norton, Virginia contracted with Eastman to provide a high-quality steam coal.
Stanley was accused of providing Eastman with lower quality coal, by concealing it "under" higher quality coal in rail cars sent to Eastman.
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake