WISE, Va. - According to the U.S. Department of Justice, a man will spend a year behind bars and pay a 10-thousand dollar fine after pleading guilty to defrauding Eastman Chemical Company.
Dale Stanley, the owner of Mountain Energy Resources, in Norton, Virginia contracted with Eastman to provide a high-quality steam coal.
Stanley was accused of providing Eastman with lower quality coal, by concealing it "under" higher quality coal in rail cars sent to Eastman.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction