WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say a man was killed when his truck crashed near exit 10 in Washington County, Virginia.
A Castlewood, Virginia man was killed Tuesday night after a crash on Interstate 81.
Virginia State Police Trooper Asbury says 29-year-old Danny Darrell Boyd died after his truck crashed near exit 10.
According to investigators Boyd was going in excess of 90 miles-per-hour at the time of the crash.
He was pronounced dead at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Police also believe Boyd was involved in a hit-and-run near exit five right before the crash.
We're told liquor bottles were found at the crash scene. Investigators are awaiting toxicology reports.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial