WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say a man was killed when his truck crashed near exit 10 in Washington County, Virginia.
A Castlewood, Virginia man was killed Tuesday night after a crash on Interstate 81.
Virginia State Police Trooper Asbury says 29-year-old Danny Darrell Boyd died after his truck crashed near exit 10.
According to investigators Boyd was going in excess of 90 miles-per-hour at the time of the crash.
He was pronounced dead at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Police also believe Boyd was involved in a hit-and-run near exit five right before the crash.
We're told liquor bottles were found at the crash scene. Investigators are awaiting toxicology reports.
- Updated Sullivan County man sentenced for child sex crimes in SW Virginia
- New Bristol, TN child rape suspect arrested
- WATCH: Ellen, Wal-Mart give scholarships to school's senior class
- Infant who survived in 1920s sideshow incubator dies at 96
- UPDATE: Carter Co. bank robbery suspect arraigned in court