WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say a man was killed when his truck crashed near exit 10 in Washington County, Virginia.
A Castlewood, Virginia man was killed Tuesday night after a crash on Interstate 81.
Virginia State Police Trooper Asbury says 29-year-old Danny Darrell Boyd died after his truck crashed near exit 10.
According to investigators Boyd was going in excess of 90 miles-per-hour at the time of the crash.
He was pronounced dead at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Police also believe Boyd was involved in a hit-and-run near exit five right before the crash.
We're told liquor bottles were found at the crash scene. Investigators are awaiting toxicology reports.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting