LOVINGSTON, Va. - A man convicted of abducting and killing a Nelson County teenager is due back in court for sentencing.
Jurors recommended two life sentences for 48-year-old Randy Taylor, who was found guilty in the August 2013 death of 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. Her body has never been found.
Taylor will be sentenced Wednesday afternoon. He was convicted of first-degree murder in commission of an abduction and abduction with intent to defile.
Murphy was last seen at a gas station in Lovingston. Surveillance video from the gas station showed Murphy's vehicle following Taylor's truck. Murphy's car was found several days later in an Albemarle County parking lot.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway