LOVINGSTON, Va. - A man convicted of abducting and killing a Nelson County teenager is due back in court for sentencing.
Jurors recommended two life sentences for 48-year-old Randy Taylor, who was found guilty in the August 2013 death of 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. Her body has never been found.
Taylor will be sentenced Wednesday afternoon. He was convicted of first-degree murder in commission of an abduction and abduction with intent to defile.
Murphy was last seen at a gas station in Lovingston. Surveillance video from the gas station showed Murphy's vehicle following Taylor's truck. Murphy's car was found several days later in an Albemarle County parking lot.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia