BRISTOL, Va - A Washington county, Virginia man was arrested this morning after drinking and driving in the parking lot of an elementary school.
24 year-old John Nicholas Woodward was arrested in the parking lot of Van Pelt Elementary school in Bristol, Virginia.
A teacher at the school witnessed Woodward in the car going the wrong way in a bus lane. She informed him he was going the wrong way, but Woodward continued to drive around the parking lot.
The teacher contacted the school resource officer, Katie Milligan who arrested the man.
When asked why he was at the school, he said he was dropping off a 17- year-old student for a friend.
At the time of the arrest Woodward's blood alcohol concentration was more than three times the legal limit of intoxication.
He was transported to the Bristol, Virginia jail where he is being held on a $6000.00 bond.
Further charges may be pending due to the fact that children were present at the time.
- New 7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36
- Updated Seoul: 4 N. Korean spies involved in Kim killing in Malaysia
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday