SAINT PAUL, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man is facing charges tonight after police say he threatened a police officer.
According to police in Saint Paul, Virginia, 38-year-old Michael Dale Carico is facing charges of harassing phone calls to emergency personnel and threats over a telephone.
Investigators say he called 911 three times over a period of five days, threatening to kill a Saint Paul police officer. U.S. Marshals and the Russell County Sheriff's office helped track the calls to Carico.
He's in jail without bond.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day