SAINT PAUL, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man is facing charges tonight after police say he threatened a police officer.
According to police in Saint Paul, Virginia, 38-year-old Michael Dale Carico is facing charges of harassing phone calls to emergency personnel and threats over a telephone.
Investigators say he called 911 three times over a period of five days, threatening to kill a Saint Paul police officer. U.S. Marshals and the Russell County Sheriff's office helped track the calls to Carico.
He's in jail without bond.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane