SAINT PAUL, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man is facing charges tonight after police say he threatened a police officer.
According to police in Saint Paul, Virginia, 38-year-old Michael Dale Carico is facing charges of harassing phone calls to emergency personnel and threats over a telephone.
Investigators say he called 911 three times over a period of five days, threatening to kill a Saint Paul police officer. U.S. Marshals and the Russell County Sheriff's office helped track the calls to Carico.
He's in jail without bond.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway