Virginia's Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling is debating on running for governor under the Independent ticket.
He sent out an email asking a broad range of supporters if he should run on the independent ticket.
In the email, he says business and community leaders across Virginia have urged him to "re-enter the race for governor as an Independent Republican." He says he feels the GOP is headed in the wrong direction, and speaks prospectively of where he will focus as governor.
Bolling abandoned his GOP gubernatorial bid in November, conceding he couldn't defeat Cuccinelli in a Republican convention.
Bolling faces a March 16 deadline for either entering the race against presumptive nominees, Democrat Terry Mcullife and Republican Ken Cuccinelli.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction