Virginia's Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling is debating on running for governor under the Independent ticket.
He sent out an email asking a broad range of supporters if he should run on the independent ticket.
In the email, he says business and community leaders across Virginia have urged him to "re-enter the race for governor as an Independent Republican." He says he feels the GOP is headed in the wrong direction, and speaks prospectively of where he will focus as governor.
Bolling abandoned his GOP gubernatorial bid in November, conceding he couldn't defeat Cuccinelli in a Republican convention.
Bolling faces a March 16 deadline for either entering the race against presumptive nominees, Democrat Terry Mcullife and Republican Ken Cuccinelli.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide