Virginia's Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling is debating on running for governor under the Independent ticket.
He sent out an email asking a broad range of supporters if he should run on the independent ticket.
In the email, he says business and community leaders across Virginia have urged him to "re-enter the race for governor as an Independent Republican." He says he feels the GOP is headed in the wrong direction, and speaks prospectively of where he will focus as governor.
Bolling abandoned his GOP gubernatorial bid in November, conceding he couldn't defeat Cuccinelli in a Republican convention.
Bolling faces a March 16 deadline for either entering the race against presumptive nominees, Democrat Terry Mcullife and Republican Ken Cuccinelli.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport