A Florida start-up healthcare company will purchase and reopen the Lee County Hospital.
The hospital authority has approved a purchase by Americore for $2 million. Mountain States Health Alliance also made an offer.
As a part of the approved agreement, Americore plans to reopen the hospital as a critical access facility and provide other services including behavioral health, de-tox rehab programs, and veterans' care.
Wellmont Health System formerly owned the Lee County Hospital but it closed in 2013 due to low patient numbers and financial losses.
- Weber City festival to help families with overwhelming medical bills
- Washington County commissioners reassuring citizens after drug treatment center opens
- UPDATE: Judge reverses decision in mother's conviction of Noah Thomas
- Judge weighs suit filed by former Subway pitchman's ex-wife
- Jonesborough post office undergoing transformation