ST. CHARLES, Va. - Clean up efforts continue after two train cars crash and spill 150 tons of coal in Lee County, Virginia.
The two cars that went off the tracks were part of a CSX train. The train was traveling on Norfolk Southern rail line near St. Charles, Virginia.
A Norfolk Southern spokesperson told News 5 the incident happened around 1:20 Saturday morning.
Norfolk Southern said they do not know how long the clean up will take.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment