JONESVILLE, Va. - They say if at first you don't succeed, then try, try again -- one Southwest Virginia man is living proof of that.
Adam Sexton of Jonesville, Virginia recently turned in a winning lottery ticket worth $100,000.
Here's the interesting part -- he got a couple of tickets as Christmas stocking stuffers. One of them was a winning ticket worth $10.
Sexton bought more tickets with his winnings, and won another $15.
He used that money to buy more tickets, and that led to the winning $100,000 jackpot.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting