LEE COUNTY, Va. - A suicide investigation results in a murder indictment in Lee County, Virginia.
Sheriff Gary Parsons tells us 46-year-old Tim Carter is charged with first degree murder in the death of his wife, 34-year-old Amy Carter.
The charge stems from a shooting that happened back on April 14, 2011.
Sheriff Parsons says on that day the sheriff's department received a call from a home on Flanary Bridge Road in the Flatwoods section of the county about a possible suicide.
We're told when authorities arrived, they became suspicious based on the positioning of evidence and the length of time between the incident and the call to police.
Carter was indicted after the results came back from the state forensics lab.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school