LEE COUNTY, Va. - A Lee County, Virginia man who's accused of killing his wife is back in jail after a grand jury re-indicted him on a charge of First Degree Murder.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons said an important witness in 46-year-old Tim Carter's case could not be in court for trial the first time he was indicted.
Sheriff Parsons said deputies found Carter's wife Amy shot to death in their home in the Flatwoods community in April of 2011 after getting a call from Tim Carter's mother saying Amy took her own life.
A bond hearing scheduled for Thursday was delayed.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day