LEE COUNTY, Va. - A Lee County, Virginia man who's accused of killing his wife is back in jail after a grand jury re-indicted him on a charge of First Degree Murder.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons said an important witness in 46-year-old Tim Carter's case could not be in court for trial the first time he was indicted.
Sheriff Parsons said deputies found Carter's wife Amy shot to death in their home in the Flatwoods community in April of 2011 after getting a call from Tim Carter's mother saying Amy took her own life.
A bond hearing scheduled for Thursday was delayed.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting