LEE COUNTY, Va. - A Lee County, Virginia man who's accused of killing his wife is back in jail after a grand jury re-indicted him on a charge of First Degree Murder.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons said an important witness in 46-year-old Tim Carter's case could not be in court for trial the first time he was indicted.
Sheriff Parsons said deputies found Carter's wife Amy shot to death in their home in the Flatwoods community in April of 2011 after getting a call from Tim Carter's mother saying Amy took her own life.
A bond hearing scheduled for Thursday was delayed.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment