LEE COUNTY, Va. - A Lee County, Virginia man who's accused of killing his wife is back in jail after a grand jury re-indicted him on a charge of First Degree Murder.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons said an important witness in 46-year-old Tim Carter's case could not be in court for trial the first time he was indicted.
Sheriff Parsons said deputies found Carter's wife Amy shot to death in their home in the Flatwoods community in April of 2011 after getting a call from Tim Carter's mother saying Amy took her own life.
A bond hearing scheduled for Thursday was delayed.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend