ABINGDON, Va. - John Charles Kelly, an officer with the Pennington Gap, Virginia, Police Department, was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury sitting in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia in Abingdon.
The grand jury has charged Kelly, 38, with one count of distributing Percocet between March and June 2012 and one count of distributing Lortabs between
July and September 2012.
The investigation of the case was conducted by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, United States Marshals Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Virginia State Police, Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Assistant United States Attorney Zachary Lee is prosecuting the case for the United States.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations