ABINGDON, Va. - John Charles Kelly, an officer with the Pennington Gap, Virginia, Police Department, was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury sitting in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia in Abingdon.
The grand jury has charged Kelly, 38, with one count of distributing Percocet between March and June 2012 and one count of distributing Lortabs between
July and September 2012.
The investigation of the case was conducted by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, United States Marshals Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Virginia State Police, Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Assistant United States Attorney Zachary Lee is prosecuting the case for the United States.
- New Another 'Chicken Head Mafia' member sentenced in drug case
- 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities