ABINGDON, Va. - John Charles Kelly, an officer with the Pennington Gap, Virginia, Police Department, was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury sitting in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia in Abingdon.
The grand jury has charged Kelly, 38, with one count of distributing Percocet between March and June 2012 and one count of distributing Lortabs between
July and September 2012.
The investigation of the case was conducted by the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, United States Marshals Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Virginia State Police, Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Assistant United States Attorney Zachary Lee is prosecuting the case for the United States.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game