PENNINGTON GAP, Va. - The mayor of Pennington Gap, Virginia is in trouble with the law.
Mayor Danny Carter was charged with assault.
According to the warrant, business owner Harold Hall said on Monday Mayor Danny Carter came at him with a stick and acted like he was going to hit him.
News 5 WCYB contacted the mayor, and he told us that he had no comment.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream