PENNINGTON GAP, Va. - The mayor of Pennington Gap, Virginia is in trouble with the law.
Mayor Danny Carter was charged with assault.
According to the warrant, business owner Harold Hall said on Monday Mayor Danny Carter came at him with a stick and acted like he was going to hit him.
News 5 WCYB contacted the mayor, and he told us that he had no comment.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law