A man was sentenced to five years in prison Monday after he pleaded guilty last year to trying to bring meth to inmates at the federal prison in Lee County, Va.
The sentence was handed down to 44-year-old Jermaine Calvin Jeffries.
Authorities said he conspired with others to provide inmates with meth as well as other drugs, including Suboxone and marijuana.
- Marion churches "adopt a cop" to strengthen community relations
- Bear concerns: Shady Valley residents say they're living in fear after a bear attack
- Early morning fire destroys landmark in Buchanan County
- Tennessee GOP gubernatorial candidate Black details sexual misconduct in Nashville
- Report: Two dead in shooting at Penn State Beaver campus